Oh Dio!…Don’t miss the best rental properties on the Amalfi Coast!
May and October are my favourite times of the year on the Amalfi Coast. You miss all those crazy High Season crowds, get the best properties at the best prices and have space to move around and enjoy the entire coast with tranquility; just one example is that restaurant bookings are not always necessary so you can enjoy a more spontaneous vacation.
if you are not already booked for 2015, things are already filling up fast for the High Season period (June – end Sept) but there are still plenty of amazing properties, villas and apts available in May and October and most of these are already full for the High Season period.
So here are my tips:
If you are a big swimmer, I recommend October. The wonderful Mediterranean Sea has had the sun on it for 6 months and it is now nice and warm. Whereas in May the water is still a bit chilly from the previous winter months……..like Aussie water all year round!
The locals are less frantic and less ‘hungry’ in October and more chilled out as they have had a good 6 months to get the hospitality pressures out of their system.
I always remember the month of October with great affection. Being often the most sensational month of the year with not a cloud in the sky and one jaw dropping day after another.
But the spring flowers are in full bloom in May and the coastline will take your breath away at every turn!
In May the locals have had a long and quiet winter so are raring to go, exposing their sensational Amalfi coast to you in the most nurturing way, and will frequently do back flips to please you!
Some activities may not yet be fully operational in May whereas October all activities from boat hire, restaurants and shops are generally well established, or may have simple shut down at the end of Summer…some beach establishments close at the end of Sept but most town restaurants are still in full swing!
In any case these are the two golden periods of the year to visit the Amalfi Coast. Positano being well equipped with shops, hotels and plenty to do, is often very functional most of May and October. Whereas a lot of smaller villages open their doors generally from June through to Sept., but this doesn’t mean they are not great for day trips during the quieter months!
Here below are some of my favourite spots to stay during the mid season of May and October. All my clients receive a ‘fabulous things to do while visiting the Amalfi Coast’ list and most activities, restaurants, boat tours and excursions I can book for you before you leave home!!!
3 bedrooms with king size beds
1 bedroom with queen size
1 bedroom with 2 full size single beds
5 baths – 1 with shower and tub, 4 with shower
Living room with TV, iPod system and DVD player
Generous kitchen and dining room
Garden terrace with sofas, armchairs and large outside dining space plus the enchanting view!
Terrace solarium located at bedrooms level
Terrace solarium at lower level with showers
Private access to beach
Daily house cleaning with possibility of a cook at home and cocktail time (by appointment only)
Sleeps 4 pers in two queen size double bedrooms
A fifth person can sleep on the sofa bed in the living area
One bathroom has a tub and the other a shower
Beautiful terrace and solarium
Generous airy living room with dining area
Fully equipped kitchen
Air conditioning for the warmer months
Heating for the cooler months
Sky Satillite TV
- La Colombina – sleeps 4 pers. – 1 bedroom.
- Large master bedroom with en-suite bathroom with tub and shower.
- The living area has a comfortable sofa bed that becomes two single beds or a double.
- Off the small living area is a second bathroom with shower and washing machine
- Adjoining the living room is a pretty small but fully fitted kitchen.
- Both rooms have large window balconies overlooking the sea.
- The best feature of La Colombina is the dining and sunning terrace off the kitchen area
- air conditioned for the summer months and heated in winter.
- satellite TV, inbuilt safe, & CD player
- A private path takes you down to a small intimate beach below. On the way is a dip pool built just below the Torre Porta (an 11th C tower owned by the same family) and shared only by guests of La Colombina & La Colomba Villette.
La Colomba – sleeps 5 pers- 2 bedrooms.
- Spacious master bedroom with Queen Size bed and French doors onto the large terrace.
- En-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower.
- The second bedroom is a twin, (can be a double) also with its own bathroom, shower only.
- The generous living area has a large divan which is suitable for one adult to sleep on.
- The kitchen is small but fully equipped with dishwasher, microwave oven and washing machine.
- Very generous sunning and dining terrace looking onto the Mediterranean Sea and Positano.
- Air conditioned for the summer months and heated in winter.
- Satellite TV, inbuilt safe, & CD player
- A private path takes you down to a small intimate beach below. On the way is a dip pool built just below the Torre Porta (an 11th C tower owned by the same family) and shared only by guests of the tower and the Villette Colomba & Colombina.
Sleeps 2 pers ( tower) + 1 adult or 2 children ( annex)
Large shower bathroom in Tower
Small fridge and hot plate for tea or coffee in Tower
In built safe
En-suite bathroom in Annex
Fully equipped kitchen in Annex
Large dining and sunning terrace between Annex and Tower
Star Gazers terrace at top of tower
5 mins walk down gentle pathway from Positano’s internal road
Private staircase down to small beach.
Prices below are per week and in euro. Each property owner decides on their High, Mid and Low season period. The owner of the below properties does not have a Mid Season but her Low season goes for the two weeks from April 25 to May 9 and from October 3 through to the Xmas period. As you can see from the prices list below, there is a big difference between High and Low season! This is 6 weeks of Low Seaason and fully available and wonderful accommodation… so BOOK NOW!
TORRE PORTA High Season – 3.300 Low Season – 2.200
COLOMBO VILLETTA High Season- 3,900 Low Season – 2.600
COLOMBINA VILLETTA High Season – 2.550 Low Season – 1.700
CASA ISABELLA High Season – 2.950 Low Season – 2100
CASA DIVINA High Season – 10.400 Low Season - 7.200
If you would like more information on one of these properties, a different property or would like some excellent suggestions and bookings made for activities ,restaurants, tours or fucntions just contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more properties go to www.my-amalfi-coast.com
Buon Viaggio e buon divertimento! (Happy travels and have fun!)
BACI BACI XXX